Last night, or this morning, depending on where you are in the world, was Oscars night. I don’t have Sky TV, so I couldn’t watch or record the actual ceremony so the highlights from the news channels will have to do for me.
Seth MacFarlane hosted and was apparently hit & miss throughout the show, apart from a moment of genius involving William Shatner. Jennifer Lawrence fell over accepting her award, Adele cried during her acceptance speech and Tommy Lee Jones actually smiled! Something it is believed he has never done before.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Here are the major winners of the night:
- Best Picture: Argo
- Actor In A Leading Role: Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
- Actress In A Leading Role: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
- Director: Ang Lee (Life Of Pi)
- Actor In A Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained)
- Actress In A Supporting Role: Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables)
My misgivings about the omissions of some nominees aside, I feel that these awards were fairly spot on. We all knew Daniel Day-Lewis & Anne Hathaway would win their respective awards and it was nice to see Jennifer Lawrence & Christoph Waltz also picking up awards too.
Looking back on my predictions for the awards I did fairly well for once, getting four out of six correct. Maybe I should have had a bet after all.
For the full list of this years winners take a look here.