The Justice League, X-Men, action films, Robert Downey Jr’s Dad and Harrison Ford dominate today’s news roundup. Waste no time and read on people.
- The morning started brightly with a report coming through of the triple threat of Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder all coming on board to star & produce the upcoming Justice League movie. If this turns out to be true we could be in for something very special indeed.
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past has continued to add to it’s already bulging cast list, this time with Halle Berry being confirmed to return as Storm. Another actor who has been added to the cast over the past few days is Omar Sy, in an as yet unspecified role.
- B movie action flick Olympus Has Fallen released a TV spot today, highlighting just how much shit Gerard Butler will be in throughout the film.
- Robert Downey Jr lookalike Jeffery Dean Morgan has joined the cast of Solace. Solace also stars Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell, and tells the story of a doctor with psychic abilities who must track down a serial killer (that’s what the IMDb says anyway).
- Kevin Feige, Godfather of the Marvel cinematic universe, spoke briefly of their plans for Phase 2. Saying that Guardians Of The Galaxy will be set 95% in space and that both Iron Man 3 & Captain America 2 will play out more like political thrillers. Sounds saucy.
- Finally, The Hollywood Reporter has laid claim to a quite brilliant exclusive and revealed that Harrison Ford has been cast in Anchorman 2! Ford is set to play a legendary reporter, likely to be one of Ron Burgundy’s idols. Other than that, nothing is known about his role.