A pretty good news day has brought us awards, witches, Spider-Man, the Japanese Iron Man and Bond 24.
Please, read on.
- Sam Raimi, director of the original Spider-Man trilogy, has been interviewed for his latest flick Oz The Great And The Powerful. In that interview he stated his previous plans for Spider-Man 4 to star John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway as the villains of the piece. I enjoyed Raimi’s Spider-Man films and really do wish we could have seen his vision for a fourth film on the big screen.
- The MTV Movie Awards are kind of like a pop-culture themed equivalent to the Oscars, and they have released their nominations for this years ceremony to be held on April 14th.
- An international trailer has found its way online for Iron Man 3. There is also a new Japanese poster to view in the link, if it takes your fancy anyway.
- Breck Eisner, director of the rather good horror remake The Crazies, has stepped aboard new action/horror movie The Last Witch Hunter. Due to star Vin Diesel, who will play a hunter of witches, strangely enough.
- After being to attached to direct only a few short weeks ago, Rupert Wyatt has now walked away from the big screen version of The Equalizer.
- Finally, Sam Mendes has indeed said no to directing Bond 24. Bond 24 is due to be released in 2014. Good luck to whoever takes the directors spot on that one.